A Grounding Exercise


5 Things to Touch
  1. The hardness of the rock upon which I sit
  2. The coldness that permeates through my jacket
  3. The coziness of my toque on my head
  4. The sharpness of the snow melting in my hand
  5. The flush of my cheeks, burning
4 Things to Hear
  1. The lap of the clear mountain water as it hits the rocks
  2. The cries of delight from the surrounding tourists
  3. The whistling freshness of the wild mountain wind in my ears
  4. The choked cry that strangles in my throat
3 Things to See
  1. The crystal clearness of the lake
  2. The snow-capped mountains, white.
  3. The steadiness of the green trees ringing the shores.
2 Things to Taste
  1. The warm pizza bun
  2. The soft saltiness of tears
1 Thing to Smell
  1. Nature, in all her glory, on this Thanksgiving weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thingadailies: "Love after Love"