September Musings--The Road of Metanoia


September 30-2019

The school year is underway and my role in it has shifted. It is frightening to think about the permanence of illness, of weakness, of changes of heart. But the truth is, I am not the same person I was and this journey of changing my mindset to understand, to accept, nay to embrace this change is underway as well,.

Part of this acceptance lies in the daily undoing of expectation. That things once were is not an option because of pain and fog and hurt,

Most of all, I feel the depth of my hurt as this catalyst for knowing that the old skin I was in, the one that felt too tight, too loose, too itchy, too unsuitable...shedding that skin is a process in which I reject the reluctant acceptance of the way things were.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thingadailies: "Love after Love"