Thingadailies 6: Control Issues

Image result for things i can control


Image result for things i can control
The next thing I had to do was make a list of things I can control and things I do not have control over, I understand the function of the list--concrete things that I ought to know so that my mind doesn't keep turning the powerlessness I feel into recurring nightmares.

But there is a part of me that previous therapy has reminded me: that I often hang onto TOO many things/want to keep a tight rein on many "daytime" controls precisely because of my "night time" fears and this pushes me to the other extreme, which is also unhealthy.

And so what I actually need is BALANCE of my mindset/expectations and also of the obstacles/setbacks that pop up.

Mostly I have to learn to let go and be ENOUGH.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thingadailies: "Love after Love"